1 Which port numbers are commonly assigned for FTP use? (Choose two.)
2 What does the http portion of the URL http://www.cisco.com/edu/ communicate to a web browser?
- The web browser needs to locate the www server.
- The address is located on a site whose name is http.
- The web browser is notified as to which protocol to use.*
- The http portion represents the type of web browser that needs to be used.
3 If an application uses a protocol that exchanges data without using windowing or flow control and must rely on higher layer protocols for reliability, which protocol and transfer methods are being used?
- UDP, connection-oriented*
- UDP, connectionless
- TCP, connection-oriented
- TCP, connectionless
4 FTP provides a reliable, connection-oriented service for transferring of files. Which transport layer protocol is used for data transfer when this service is being used?
5 What are the features of the User Datagram Protocol (UDP). (Choose three.)
- no guaranteed delivery of datagrams*
- provides reliable full-duplex data transmission
- reliability provided by the application layer
- utilizes sliding windowing techniques*
6 TCP is referred to as connection-oriented. What does this mean?
- TCP uses only LAN connections.*
- TCP requires devices to be directly connected.
- TCP negotiates a session for data transfer between hosts.
- TCP reassembles the data steams in the order that it is received.
7 Which layer of the OSI model can provide a connection-oriented, reliable data transfer between two hosts?
8 Which Application layer protocol is widely used to support resolving host names to IP addresses?
9 When the receiving workstation detects an error in the data it has received, it does not acknowledge receipt of the data. The source workstation retransmits the unacknowledged data. Which layer of the OSI model supports this process of retransmission?
10 Which application layer protocol allows network devices to exchange management information?
11 Which of the following are primary duties of the OSI transport layer? (Choose two.)
- path determination
- end-to-end connectivity*
- flow control
- security control*
- data representation
- encryption of data
12 What is the purpose of TCP/UDP port numbers?
- indicate the beginning of a three-way handshake*
- reassemble the segments into the correct order
- identify the number of data packets that may be sent without acknowledgment
- track different conversations crossing the network at the same time
13 Which protocol is used to transfer files from computer to computer but is considered connectionless?
14 Which protocol is used by e-mail servers to communicate with each other?
15 What three pieces of information does the transport layer use to manage the communication of separate data streams between hosts? (Choose three.)
- port numbers
- checksum values
- authentication keys*
- sequence numbers*
- encryption algorithms *
- acknowledgment numbers
Di Posting pada 11:35:04 31-09-2009
<<Prev Artikel Next>>
Tidak ada Komentar