1 What is the function of a Layer 2 switch?
- forwards data based on logical addressing
- duplicates the electrical signal of each frame to every port
- learns the port assigned to a host by examining the destination MAC address
- determines which interface is used to forward a frame based on the destination MAC address*
2 A network administrator has a multi-floor LAN to monitor and maintain. Through careful monitoring, the administrator has noticed a large amount of broadcast traffic slowing the network. Which device would you use to best solve this problem?
3 Which networking device reduces the size of both collision domains and broadcast domains?
- Layer 2 switch
4 Which devices are primarily used to extend cable segments within a collision domain by regenerating the data signals? (Choose two.)
5 Refer to the exhibit. Forty-eight workstations are connected to a hub. The users are able to connect to the network, but access is very slow. An entry-level technician replaces the 10 Mbps hub with 100 Mbps hub but the problem still exists. What is the most economical way to correct the problem?
- Replace the hub with a switch.*
- Replace the hub with a router.
- Replace the hub with a 1 Gbps hub.
- Replace the hub with a 10 Mbps fiber hub.
6 What is used to prevent Layer 2 switching loops?
- Address Resolution Protocol
- Spanning-Tree Protocol*
7 Two newly hired technicians are discussing the implementation of a new LAN. One technician proposes installing a hub. The other technician advises installing a switch. Which statements are true about the differences between a hub and a switch? (Choose two.)
- A hub operates at Layer 2 of the OSI model.
- A hub reduces the number of collisions on a LAN.
- A hub works at a higher OSI model layer than a switch.
- A switch provides more throughput to hosts on a LAN.*
- A switch provides a collision-free environment on a LAN.*
- The number of collisions on a LAN are the same whether a hub or a switch is used.
8 Which networking devices use the MAC address to make forwarding decisions? (Choose two.)
9 An administrator would like to connect ten workstations on a 192.168.0.0/24 network. The device selected by the administrator must allow connectivity between hosts without sharing bandwidth. Which device would be appropriate?
10 Which devices will create multiple collision domains in an Ethernet network? (Choose two.)
11 What will a bridge do if it receives a frame with a MAC address that is not within the table?
- discard frame
- ignore frame
- send frame to appropriate port
- send frame to all ports except source port*
12 Refer to the exhibit. How many broadcast domains exist in classroom 240?
13 Exhibited is a portion of ABC Company internetwork. Which of the connections can be full duplex?
- segments 1 and 2
- segment 2
- segments 3 and 4
- segments 2, 3, and 4*
- segments 1, 2, 3, and 4
14 Refer to the exhibit. The switch and the hub have default configurations, and the switch has built its CAM table. Which of the hosts will receive the data when workstation A sends a unicast packet to workstation C?
- workstation C+
- workstations B and C
- workstations B, C, and the E0 interface of the router*
- workstations B, C, D, E, F, and the E0 interface of the router
15 A PC receives a frame. Which situation will cause the NIC on the receiving host to pass the frame contents up the OSI layers to be processed by the PC?
- The frame is a runt frame.
- The destination MAC address of the frame is FFFF.FFFF.FFFF.*
- The transmitting host generated a jam signal during the frame transmission.
- The recalculated checksum for the frame does not match the FCS on the frame.
Di Posting pada 11:32:10 31-09-2009
<<Prev Artikel Next>>
Tidak ada Komentar