1 Which of the following are benefits of peer-to-peer networks? (Choose three.)
- centralized security
- easy to create*
- very scalable
- no centralized equipment required*
- centralized administrator not required*
- centralized control of assets
2 Which statement describes a typical use of Gigabit Ethernet?
- to provide high-speed desktop connectivity for average users
- to provide connectivity to low to medium volume applications
- to provide medium volume connectivity to workgroup servers
- to provide high-speed connectivity for backbones and cross connects*
3 What type of cable would be used to make the connection between the console port of a router and a workstation?
4 Refer to the exhibit. How many collision domains exist in the network?
5 Refer to the exhibit. A technician measured the lengths of the CAT 5e structured cable runs in the exhibit. How should the technician evaluate the cabling shown in the diagram to the network administrator?
- All cabling to work areas are within specifications.
- Station A and B may experience intermittent problems because the length exceeds the recommended standard.
- tation B may experience intermittent problems because the length exceeds the recommended standard.
- Station C may experience intermittent network connectivity because the length is less than the recommended standard.
- Station A and B will have intermittent problems because the length exceeds the recommended standard.
- Station C will not have network connectivity because the length is less than the recommended standard.
6 What is characteristic of how a hub operates?
- A hub selectively drops packets that represent potential security risks.
- A hub forwards data out all interfaces except the inbound interface.*
- A hub dynamically learns the interfaces to which all devices are attached.
- At start up, a hub queries the devices on all interfaces in order to learn the MAC addresses of the attached devices.
- A hub transmits a frame to a specific interface based on the destination MAC address.
7 The ends of a UTP cable are shown in the exhibit. Which cable configuration is shown?
8 Which items in the exhibit are DTE devices?
- A and B
- B and C
- C and D
- A and D*
- A, B, C, and D
9 What device is used to connect hosts to an Ethernet LAN and requires a straight-through UTP cable between the hosts and this device?
10 At which layer of the OSI model does the MAC address of a NIC reside?
- data link*
11 Which two devices are considered OSI Layer 1 devices? (Choose two.)
12 Refer to the exhibit. What is the appropriate cable to use at each of the numbered network connections?
- 1-crossover; 2-straight-through; 3-crossover; 4-straight-through
- 1-straight-through; 2-crossover; 3-straight-through; 4-straight-through
- 1-straight-through; 2-crossover; 3-crossover; 4-straight-through
- 1-rollover; 2-crossover; 3-straight-through; 4-straight-through*
- 1-rollover; 2-straight-through; 3-straight-through; 4-straight-through
13 Which statement is accurate about a WAN link?
- The link transmits data serially.*
- The link uses a maximum distance of 100 meters.
- The link uses the same transmission rate as all other WAN links use.
- The link uses the same standardized connector style that is used for all WAN technologies.
14 Which address does a bridge use to make filtering and switching decisions?
- source MAC
- source IP
- destination MAC*
- destination IP
- network IP address
15 Users with systems that are attached to a hub are complaining about poor response time. What device could replace the hub and provide immediate response time improvement?
16 The ends of a UTP cable are shown in the exhibit. Which cable configuration is shown?
17 Which of the following are benefits of a wireless network? (Choose two.)
- higher data speeds
- better security
- less expensive NIC cards
- no need to run cables to hosts*
18 Which function is a unique responsibility of the DCE devices shown in the exhibit?
- transmission of data*
- reception of data
- clocking for the synchronous link+
- noise cancellation in transmitted data
19 What is the most common type of cabling used in LANs?
20 In which situations would a crossover cable be used to connect devices in a network? (Choose two.)
- switch to PC
- switch to hub*
- switch to router
- switch to server
- switch to switch*
Di Posting pada 11:30:50 31-09-2009
<<Prev Artikel Next>>
Tidak ada Komentar